Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Felicity's Riding Habit

  1. #1
    Inactive Member dornroeschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2004
    Posts
    1,053
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm all excited! When I got home from work this afternoon I had a parcel waiting for me from Maria with Felicity's riding habit, and one of the Kirsten's St. Lucia dresses. Thank you again Maria all your help. The dress is an early birthday present to myself!

    Felicity looks so gorgeous in the dress, actually imperial, she could have well participated in one of the imperial hunts at Laxenburg palace (this was the hunting palace and grounds of the Imperial family and it's only 4 miles from where I live).

    The night Maria mailed the box, I had a funny dream, I'd like to share with you:

    I was at my sisters house, it was more like late spring (but then the current weather feels like spring anyways), when the parcel arrived. Actually two, one the size of a doll box, the other smaller, but they both came from Maria. I opened the bigger one and it was full of doll heads, one was a paper mache doll head and one or two doll toddler bodies, the kind you find on antique dolls - and then there was an old banana peel in the box too, you know when they aren't really yellow anymore, but with brown stains. Then I opened the smaller box, it had the two dresses wrapped in tissue paper like a present, and also an old banana peel. I was just about to unwrap the dresses, when I woke up.


    In my dream I could really feel the excitement of receiving the boxes and opening them, and Maria, thanks for not including the banana peel in the real parcel [img]wink.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    rolloverrover
    Guest rolloverrover's Avatar

    Post

    Miki,
    I just have to ask. Are you an "American Girl" living in Europe or are you a "European Girl" just loving AG dolls?

    I often wonder why other countries don't get on the bandwagon and offer their own line of historical dolls.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member lieu2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 21st, 2003
    Posts
    354
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I like that outfit. I wished they had not retired it. I won't buy it because it is too expensive now. I was wondering if they might bring it back next year for the Felicity movie. Enjoy it. It is really pretty.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member lynet44's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 3rd, 2004
    Posts
    187
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Miki,

    That new outfit looks gorgeous on your Felicity. I wish they hadn't retired it either. I have seen it for a very expensive price in ebay.

    I was also wondering if you are from the US and living in Europe or if you are European.

    Lynet

  5. #5
    Inactive Member JustMagicMaria's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 17th, 2002
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oh darn, I forgot the banana peel! [img]smile.gif[/img]

    I'm amazed and impressed with how fast it got to you, Brigitte! I'm glad your Felicity is happy -- she certainly looks lovely.

    I was going to ask you the same question about your English since your writing skills are better than most native speakers. Hats off to you for working so hard!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member kymmy3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 24th, 2003
    Posts
    323
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    About Lissie's things. When I ordered to Travel Gown last week the CS rep told me that many new Felicity things were on there way for the movie next fall. I tried to get some hints -but she said to keep watching.

    PS That outfit looks awesome on Lissie. I know our Lissie is eagerly awaiting her movie debut in hopes retired outfits will make a comeback.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member jaydon724's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 14th, 2004
    Posts
    644
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Good for Felicity!! Getting that outfit is so hard on ebay!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  8. #8
    ponydreamer
    Guest ponydreamer's Avatar

    Post

    Miki...I have three bananas on my counter that are over ripe, and waiting to be made into banana bread. When I make the bread, I will pm you for your address, and send a couple of the peelings, okay? [img]wink.gif[/img] That dream is hilarious. I have really weird dreams all of the time. My family still laughs about the time I had a dream that my son was a pan of lasagna.

    Anyway! Congrats on the outfit! I love it so much. I always meant to buy it for my daughter when she was little, but just never did. I made most of her doll clothes, and she had piles of them, so it seemed like a waste at the time. Now I could just kick myself for not buying one back then!

    And Kym! Shame on you for withholding such information! LOL!!! Just kidding....it's great news, though!!!

  9. #9
    MapleLeaf
    Guest MapleLeaf's Avatar

    Post

    About Lissie's things. When I ordered to Travel Gown last week the CS rep told me that many new Felicity things were on there way for the movie next fall. I tried to get some hints -but she said to keep watching.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Great news Kym!!

    Congats Miki on getting Felicity beautiful riding habit. She looks lovely in it!
    NIa

  10. #10
    Inactive Member QNPoohBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    1,460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    congrats! now Felicity is all outfitted to go riding as a boy or a girl! I have that outfit too but Felicity doesn't wear it much-no horse to ride!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •